EMBnet.journal is an international, open access, peer-reviewed journal, bringing the latest developments in bioinformatics research, education and training, together with practical user-guides, news, views, reportage and commentary, to the community (for more information, see About). The Journal is the successor of EMBnet.news magazine, published by EMBnet between 1994 and 2009. Available online, and with printable Supplements, EMBnet.journal is a valuable reference for scientists and students needing practical information for tackling the bioinformatics challenges of modern, data-driven life science research.
The scope of EMBnet.journal covers, but is not limited to:
- Bioinformatics, proteomics and genomics research and reviews
- Pattern recognition and prediction
- Molecular modelling and simulation
- Design and implementation of new bioinformatics tools
- High-throughput data analysis
- Database technology and design
- Database management and data curation
- Tool and data integration
- High performance computing
- Software/database implementation user-guides
- Tutorials, activities, lesson plans
- Reviews of education/training programmes, curricula, learning methodologies
- Perspectives on best practices in training and education
- Conference proceedings
EMBnet.journal is managed by an editorial board led by Editor-in-Chief Erik Bongcam-Rudloff, Agricultural University of Sweden.
The audience of EMBnet.journal spans, among others, researchers and educationalists/trainers in bioinformatics, proteomics, genomics, biocuration, biotechnology and computational biology.
|Fq_delta - Efficient storage of processed versions of fastq files
Andra Veraart, Henk-Jan van den Ham, Maarten A. Bijl, Arno C. Andeweg, Anita C. Schürch
|EMBnet Spotlight (Spring 2014)
|ISB Spotlight (Winter 2013)